Note: the below is the opinion of the signed authors.
MNA Members, thank you for your service to your fellow members and communities. The work you do is essential to advancing the mission of the Minnesota Nurses Association and having a positive impact on the patients we serve.
As you know, working within our political system is a natural extension of our mission. Through this work, we have been able to realize many of our priorities including
- Fending off Right to Work legislation
- Ratifying the contracts of our State of Minnesota nurse coworkers
- Passing workplace violence legislation
- Ensuring workers compensation coverage for nurses who contract COVID-19 at work
- Defending our licensure standards by defeating the Interstate Nurse Licensure Compact
- Passing the Safe Patient Handling Program statute requiring all health care facilities to have written patient handling policies to reduce workplace injuries
At this year’s House of Delegates, we will be considering a resolution (R1: Political Independence and Power for MNA) barring MNA from endorsing, supporting, or contributing money, labor, or support to candidates from the Democratic and Republican parties.
… Read more about: Member Blog: Now is the Time for Involvement in the Legislative Process »