MNA promotes, guards, and advances standards of practice and advocates for the effective and appropriate understanding and implementation of professional nursing practice, including:
- Developing standards of practice when appropriate in the state of Minnesota;
- Assisting nurses in implementing standards of practice;
- Interpreting and promoting adherence to the Code of Ethics for Nurses;
- Identifying and reviewing concerns for practice and taking appropriate action;
- Identifying resources and providing support to assist nurses in promoting and directing the practice of nursing.
Members on the Practice and Education Commission and the Health and Safety Committee guide MNA’s work on nursing practice issues.
Resources for nurses
- Nurses Peer Support Network provides peer support for nurses with substance use disorder in a safe environment with the purpose of giving hope and healing to the individual nurse;
- Concern for Safe Staffing form
- Quick video tutorial on Reference Card
- Minnesota Board of Nursing
- Minnesota Department of Health
- MN OSHA
- Office of Rural Health
- The Joint Commission (formerly JCAHO, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations)