What is the Council of Active Retired Nurses (CARn)?
CARn is the retiree Council of the Minnesota Nurses Association. Any retired MNA member can join. Its objective is to provide an avenue for retired MNA members to continue to promote and support MNA’s goals.
What does CARn do?
Some of the activities CARn is involved in:
- Advocate for upholding the standards of the nursing profession
- Participate in strike lines/informational picketing
- Support organizing initiatives
- Volunteer at CARn endorsed community events
- Work for and support MNA endorsed political candidates
- Educating the public on issues important to the health and well-being of all Minnesotans
- Provide assistance with bargaining unit activities (votes, education sessions, rallies, etc.)
- Assist the MNA Commissions in the mentorship of other nurses
The possibilities are endless!
Download the CARn Brochure
Complete the MNA Membership Application: Non-Bargaining Unit
Retirees are welcome to attend CARn meetings, which are 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. and take place online due to COVID-19:
- August 12
- September 9
- October 14
- November 11
- December 9
For more information, please contact Julie Anderson (Julie.Anderson@mnnurses.org, 651-252-5693)