What is the Council of Active Retired Nurses (CARn)?
CARn is the retiree Council of the Minnesota Nurses Association. Any retired MNA member can join. Its objective is to provide an avenue for retired MNA members to continue to promote and support MNA’s goals.
What does CARn do?
Some of the activities CARn is involved in:
- Advocate for upholding the standards of the nursing profession
- Participate in strike lines/informational picketing
- Support organizing initiatives
- Volunteer at CARn endorsed community events
- Work for and support MNA endorsed political candidates
- Educating the public on issues important to the health and well-being of all Minnesotans
- Provide assistance with bargaining unit activities (votes, education sessions, rallies, etc.)
- Assist the MNA Commissions in the mentorship of other nurses
The possibilities are endless!
Download the 2022 CARn Brochure
Complete the MNA Membership Application: Non-Bargaining Unit
MNA Nightingale Tribute Program
The Council of Active Retired Nurses has implemented this program to honor nurses for their years of dedication to nursing to be presented during the nurse’s memorial service by a nurse colleague or friend. Inspired by the original Nightingale Tribute program through the Kansas State Nurses Association.
Nursing is a calling, a way of life. Nursing is a service profession that cannot be lived in isolation. Nurses rely on each other for the synergistic effect of teamwork in or efforts of caregiving. It is appropriate that we honor our colleagues not only during their careers but also at the end of life’s journey.
Retirees are welcome to attend CARN meetings, which are 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at the MNA office
in St. Paul.
- January 12, 2022
- February 9, 2022
- March 9, 2022 – Leadership Committee
- April 13, 2022
- May 11, 2022
- June 8, 2022
- August 11, 2022
- September 14, 2022 – Leadership Committee
- October 12, 2022*
- November 9, 2022
- December 14, 2022
NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, meetings will be held virtually via Zoom until further notice.
*The October meeting will be held at the MNA Convention (October 2-4, 2022) unless the Convention will not be held in person. If meeting via Zoom is necessary, the October meeting
will occur on October 12, 2022.
For more information, please contact Julie Anderson (CARn email)