Each year, MNAF provides thousands of dollars in scholarships and grants to members and students. They are excellent opportunities to advance the nursing profession through research and education. Members are encouraged to apply.
Find out if you, a relative, or a colleague may qualify for a scholarship or grant!
MNAF was established in 1981 to honor the memory of Katharine Densford Dreves. Katharine was president of the American Nurses Association, president of Minnesota Nurses Association, and Director of the University of Minnesota School of Nursing. Her vision and determination promoted the advancement of the profession in the development of knowledge on a state, national, and international level.
- MNAF serves as a vehicle for donations to support nursing research and scholarships for nursing education. You can contribute to the advancement of nursing research and education by donating to MNAF.
- Contributions to MNAF make excellent gifts for special occasions of colleagues or for memorials of a family member or friend. An acknowledgement letter will be sent to the recipient.
- Contributions are tax deductible. For tax purposes, the acknowledgement letter can be used for verification. You may also contribute to MNAF by checking it off on your membership renewal form.
For more information, contact MNAF, 345 Randolph Ave, Suite 200, St. Paul, MN 55102; (651) 414-2822, 1-800-536-4662, ext. 122 or via email.
* * * * * * * * * *
MNAF Online Scholarship Application Forms MUST BE RECEIVED BY MAY 20, 2020
No incomplete or late applications will be considered. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete and submitted on time.
Note: Applicant may only apply for one scholarship per year. An applicant is eligible to receive a maximum of two MNAF scholarships as an undergraduate student, and two scholarships as a graduate student.
- Have your school email your Official Academic Transcript to Linda.Owens@mnnurses.org or mail to MNAF, Attn: Linda Owens, 345 Randolph Avenue, Suite 200, St. Paul, MN 55102
- Ask your recommenders to complete the “Scholarship Recommendation Form” (send them this link)
If you have not received an email letting you know your application is complete by May 27th, contact Linda Owens at 1-800-536-4662, ext. 122, 651-414-2822 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTIFICATION: Scholarship award notification will be sent via regular U.S. mail by mid-September. Checks are issued to both school and recipient but mailed only to recipient.
* * * * * * * * * *
Research Grant Quarterly Deadline Dates: January 1, April 1, June 1, October 1