By Jean Forman, RN
Chair, MNA Government Affairs Commission
Our 2019 Minnesota legislature has been sworn in! Thanks to many hours by engaged nurses on the phones and on the doors as well as countless conversations this past year, Minnesota voters have elected leaders who have set forth a “Top 10” values.
Agenda that includes:
- HF 1: The Great Start for All Minnesota Children Act
- HF 2: K-12 Student Support Legislation
- HF 3: MinnesotaCare Buy-In
- HF 4: Preventing prescription drug price gouging
- HF 5: Paid Family & Medical Leave and Earned Sick & Safe Time
- HF 6: Wage Theft prevention and enforcement
- HF 7: Rural broadband expansion
- HF 8: Keeping guns out of the hands of dangerous people through criminal background checks
- HF 9: Preventing gun violence through Extreme Risk Protection Orders
- HF 10: Protecting Minnesotans from sexual harassment.