The Minnesota Nurses Association (MNA) invites you and your students to participate in MNA’s Student Nurses Day on the Hill on Thursday, April 20, 2023. We will explore how nurse advocacy must go beyond the bedside to the halls of power, where decisions about our profession and our patients are made.
The day will focus on briefing students about MNA legislative priorities and the importance of nurses taking leadership within their facilities and in the community. This year MNA’s Keeping Nurses at the Bedside Act is our number one priority, and is our proposal to improve staffing and working conditions in Minnesota hospitals, and to retain experienced nurses and recruit new ones to the profession. We aim to educate students about MNA and the political process, and ultimately how they can influence policies governing nursing issues.
MNA representatives are available to speak to your classes prior to the event. Email email@example.com if you are interested.
Date: Thursday, April 20, 2023
Location: Intercontinental Saint Paul Riverfront
11 E Kellogg Blvd, St. Paul MN 55101
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the hotel
12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. legislator appointments at the Capitol
- Legislative appointments should be scheduled after 12:30 p.m.
- If you are assigning your students to meet with their legislators, we ask that students and educators should make their own appointments. The best way to do that is to call or email the legislator’s office directly.
- Click here for more information on setting up appointments.
- Pre‐registration is mandatory. Each student and faculty needs to register here at and select the Nonmember option
- Deadline for registration is April 11, 2023
- There will be no day-of registration
- This event is free
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2023 Student Nurses Day on the Hill”
How to Set Appointments with Your Legislators