Over the last year, Minnesota nurses have taken action to demand hospital executives with million-dollar salaries be held responsible for the crisis conditions in our hospitals. Because of corporate healthcare policies pushed by these executives, hospitals are understaffed, nurses are overworked and overwhelmed, and patients are waiting longer for care while adverse hospital events increase.
Now, nurses are joining legislators to announce legislation that would put patients and workers before profits to fix the under-staffing crisis, keep nurses at the bedside, and improve the quality of care patients receive at Minnesota hospitals.
- WHEN: Monday, Feb. 13, 10:00 a.m.
- WHERE: Minnesota State Capitol Press Conference Room (B971)
- WHO: Nurses and bipartisan legislators
- WHAT: Press conference to announce legislation to combat crisis of retention and care
- WHY: Because understaffing by hospital executives is pushing nurses out of the profession and putting quality patient care at risk