15,000 Twin Cities and Twin Ports nurses recently voted to authorize a strike as hospitals executives refuse solutions to short-staffing, retention and better patient care
Right now in Minnesota, nurses are overworked, hospitals are understaffed, and patients are overcharged. While hospital CEOs with multi-million-dollar salaries have refused to negotiate with nurses over solutions to the crises of short-staffing, retention and patient care, the problems are getting worse: recent studies show that more nurses are planning to leave the bedside while adverse events for patients are increasing.
- When: Thursday, September 1, 2022, 8:30 a.m.
- Where: Minnesota Nurses Association, 345 Randolph Ave, Suite 200, St Paul, MN 55102
- Who: Nurses with the Minnesota Nurses Association
- What: Announce next step in fight for fair contracts
- Why: To put patients before profits and address crises of short-staffing, retention and patient care