Contact: Sam Fettig
(St. Paul) – May 9, 2022 – At 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 11, 2022, Minnesota nurses will hold a press conference at the Minnesota State Capitol to share the results of an annual report on Concern for Safe Staffing (CFSS) forms filed by nurses at hospitals throughout the state. The event comes as Minnesota nurses mark Nurses Week 2022.
For more than 25 years, Minnesota nurses have submitted CFSS forms when they are concerned that short staffing may negatively impact patient care. Nurses document when patients are potentially at risk or are harmed, or when, in the nurse’s professional opinion, patients did not receive the safe and quality care they required due to understaffing. Recent CFSS reports from past years can be found at this link.
At the event this week, nurses will unveil report data from 2021 which shed new light on the critical conditions facing nurses and patients in understaffed hospitals throughout our state.
- WHEN: Wednesday, May 11, 10:00 a.m.
- WHERE: Minnesota State Capitol Press Conference Room (B971)
- WHO: Nurses with the Minnesota Nurses Association
- WHAT: Press conference to release 2021 Concern for Safe Staffing report
- WHY: To show the extent and effects of the understaffing crisis in our hospitals