Contact: Sam Fettig
Ahead of Legislative Session, nurses come together to demand action
(St. Paul) – January 11, 2022 – On Thursday, Jan. 13, 2022, at 10 a.m., nurse members of the Minnesota Nurses Association will host a tele-town hall with members of the Minnesota Legislature to demand action on the crisis of nursing in Minnesota hospitals.
Last month, nurses held a press conference to highlight the dangerous and unsustainable conditions inside Minnesota hospitals. Now, as the 2022 Minnesota Legislative Session approaches, nurses are organizing to demand that elected officials commit to take action to hold hospital CEOs accountable to patients and workers.
Members of the press are invited to attend. Reporters will have the opportunity to ask questions of the nurses who share their stories during the virtual town hall.
- WHEN: Thursday, January 13, 10 a.m.
- WHERE: Register via Zoom – NOTE: Please include media outlet in the name field:
- WHO: Nurses and State Legislators
- WHAT: Tele-Town Hall on the crisis in Minnesota hospitals
- WHY: To demand legislative action to put patients and workers ahead of healthcare profits