This year’s Day on the Hill, the first nurses have held in-person since 2019, comes after the Minnesota Senate and House introduced the Keeping Nurses at the Bedside Act earlier this week. The bill, MNA members’ top legislative priority this session, aims to solve the nurse retention and patient care crisis by ensuring safe staffing levels at all Minnesota hospitals.
Throughout the day, nurses will meet with legislators to discuss the Keeping Nurses at the Bedside Act, opposition to the proposed merger of M Health Fairview and Sanford Health, the need to invest in mental health services, the importance of Paid Family and Medical Leave, and other critical issues for nurses, patients, and all workers.
Early afternoon, Nurses will gather in the L’Etoile du Nord Vault (Room B15) to share why they are speaking out and taking action on this Day on the Hill. Members of the press are invited to attend.
- WHEN: Wednesday, Feb. 15, 1:00 p.m.
- WHERE: Minnesota State Capitol, L’Etoile du Nord Vault (Room B15)
- WHO: Nurses and legislators
- WHAT: Speak out on the need for legislative action for nurses, patients, and workers
- WHY: To keep nurses at the bedside and put patients before profits in our healthcare system