Contact: Sam Fettig
Ahead of the holiday, nurses will share details on crushing conditions they’re experiencing
(St. Paul) – December 16, 2021 – On Monday, Dec. 20, 2021, at 1:00 p.m., nurse members of the Minnesota Nurses Association will share their stories of the current crisis in Minnesota hospitals. The nurses will describe the unsustainable conditions in their workplaces and what they need from employers and legislators to ensure hospitals are safe and welcoming to patients and nurses.
This briefing comes as Minnesota nurses face the continued surge of COVID-19 in Minnesota, as statewide deaths from COVID-19 crossed 10,000 just this week. The event also comes ahead of the holidays when hospital patient volumes typically increase. After telling their stories, the nurses will be available to answer questions from the press.
- WHEN: Monday, Dec. 20, 1:00 p.m.
- WHERE: Minnesota Nurses Association, 345 Randolph Ave, St Paul, MN 55102
- WHO: Minnesota nurses on the frontlines
- WHAT: Describe the current crisis in Minnesota hospitals
- WHY: Because nurses and patients need action to resolve the hospital crisis
NOTE: To ensure proper COVID-19 safety, please RSVP to Sam.Fettig@mnnurses.org with the number of people planning to attend from your news organization.