Contact: Sam Fettig
In virtual meetings next week, hundreds of Minnesota nurses will push legislators to put ‘Patients Before Profits’
During the kickoff event, nurses will share their stories and discuss the need for legislative action to put patients before profits. Nurses will highlight legislative priorities including the Keeping Nurses at the Bedside Act, which would address the nurse retention and short-staffing crisis to ensure quality patient care.
Governor Tim Walz will address nurses at the event, as will Senator Erin Murphy and Representative Liz Olson, the chief authors of the Keeping Nurses at the Bedside Act.
Members of the press are invited to join the virtual kickoff event.
- WHEN: Monday, Feb. 14, 9:30 a.m.
- WHERE: RSVP to Sam.Fettig@mnnurses.org to receive Zoom information
- WHO: Nurses, Governor Walz and State Legislators
- WHAT: Virtual kickoff to nurses’ week on the hill
- WHY: To demand legislative action to put patients and workers ahead of healthcare profits
MNA Virtual Week on the Hill: Patients Before Profits
Over the course of MNA’s Virtual Week on the Hill (Feb. 14–18), hundreds of nurses will meet with legislators to encourage them to put ‘Patients Before Profits,’ the theme of this year’s event. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, nurses will be meeting virtually with legislators, in place of a traditional Day on the Hill.