FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Sam Fettig
(Duluth) – March 25, 2022 – At 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, Mar. 30, 2022, Duluth nurses will be joined by area labor leaders and elected officials to call on Essentia to do right by workers at their new outpatient surgical center at Miller Hill Health Plaza.
At the event, Duluth nurses will share their concerns about the effect of Essentia’s corporate healthcare policies on employees and patient care as the health system prepares to open the new surgical facility. Nurse leaders speaking out at the event will include MNA President Mary C. Turner, RN, and First Vice President Chris Rubesch, RN with Essentia Duluth.
Members of the press are invited to attend.
- WHEN: Wednesday, Mar. 30, 11:00 a.m.
- WHERE: Wellstone Hall, Lower Level of Duluth Labor Temple, 2002 London Rd, Duluth, MN 55812 (enter through door on South Street)
- WHO: Duluth Nurses, area labor leaders, and elected officials
- WHAT: Press conference to speak out on concerns with new Essentia facility
- WHY: To highlight the effects of Essentia’s corporate healthcare policies on employees and patient care