The Minnesota Nurses Association (MNA) invites you and your students to participate in MNA’s Virtual Student Nurses Day on the Hill on Tuesday, April 12, 2022. We will explore how nurse advocacy must go beyond the bedside to the halls of power, where decisions about our profession and our patients are made.
The day will focus on briefing students about MNA legislative priorities and the importance of nurses taking leadership within their facilities and in the community. We aim to educate students about MNA and the political process, and ultimately influencing policies governing nursing issues.
MNA representatives are available to speak to your classes prior to the event. Email email@example.com if you are interested.
Date: Tuesday, April 12, 2022
Time: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Because most 2022 legislative session activity at the Minnesota House will be remote, and the House Office Building will be closed to the public, visits with Representatives will need to be virtual. (The Senate has not yet announced if they will be remote or in-person.)
- Students and educators should make their own appointments with their legislators. The best way to do that is to call the legislator’s office directly, after the legislative session begins on January 31, 2022.
- For more information on setting up appointments click on “How to Set Appointments with Your Legislators.”
- Pre-registration is mandatory. Each student and faculty needs to register online at mnnurses.org/students (select the “Students and Faculty – click here to register” option)
- Deadline for registration is April 4, 2022
- There will be no day-of registration
- This event is free
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2022 Student Nurses Day on the Hill”