DATE: December 28, 2018
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Director of Organizing
AVAILABLE: Immediate, but flexible depending on applicant
Work to promote and achieve the goals and priorities of the Minnesota Nurses Association (MNA). To plan, implement, and coordinate a comprehensive strategy to maintain and increase MNA union representation as well as engaging and mobilizing current MNA members.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and implementing organizing campaigns for new and existing MNA bargaining units
• Developing work site organizing committees
• Communicating with non-union and union nurses on the benefits of unionization
• Maintaining a database of an organizing campaign
• Assist in bargaining contracts for newly organized and existing bargaining units
• Assist MNA staff with political activities
The position may include long and irregular hours, including weekends and evenings. Travel is required, including overnight stays.
Education: Registered Nurse is preferred. Bachelors Degree or comparable experience is preferred.
Experience: Must have proven or demonstrated experience in organizing and/or mobilizing. Knowledge of the healthcare industry and policy preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of unions, labor relations, and labor law required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the desire and ability to effectively lead and motivate others are essential. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are necessary.
SALARY: Initial placement on the wage scale depending on experience and qualifications. Step increases per collective bargaining agreement. MNA is an EEO/AA employer.
CONTACT: Send your resume and cover letter to Cynthia Campos at Cynthia.Campos@mnnurses.org.