POSITION TITLE: Director of Administration
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Executive Director
Under the direction of MNA’s Executive Director, the Director of Administration works collaboratively with other Directors and MNA staff to achieve MNA’s strategic goals and priorities through data management and support service programs. The Director of Administration is primarily responsible for leading all aspects of the union’s data management and support service programs, which includes membership services, and labor support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to ensure the intelligent use of data to influence programmatic decision making.
- Represent the membership services program, labor support program and organizational data management program at key local, state and national meetings as requested and approved by the Executive Director.
- Serve as liaison to the Board of Directors for all membership and data management items.
- Develop and manage a budget that ensures strong stewardship of members’ dues.
- Prepare and present Union case to NLRB for membership related issues in coordination with legal counsel.
- Engage in policy analysis, organizational planning, and board and staff development.
- Develop and implement procedures and supporting policies intended to facilitate effective collection of dues and fees, maintenance of member data records and other data management.
- Evaluate and continuously improve labor support and membership service programs, and the management of organizational data systems.
- In collaboration with Director of Field Operations, develop and implement policies that support collective bargaining and contract enforcement.
- Coordinate with the Director of Field Operations on workflow procedures between Labor Relations Specialists and Labor Administrative Assistants.
- Hire, assign work, evaluate, and in all other ways supervise all Labor Administrative Assistants and Membership Assistants. This includes development and approval of all policies directing the work of these support areas.
- Provide initial and ongoing orientation to all staff around membership systems and other data management tools.
- Conduct regular meetings of membership and support staff.
- Participate in management meetings and functions.
- Advise management staff on matters concerning labor support, membership, and data management including assisting the Executive Director on internal (staff union) grievances as needed.
- Contract, direct, and evaluate services necessary to the functioning of the membership services program, labor support program, and data management program.
Membership Assistants, Labor Administrative Assistants, and other professional staff as assigned.
Education: Associate Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Two years or more of managerial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of labor unions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and mentor staff.
- Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including mastery of Excel, Outlook, and Access or similar database such as Union Ware.
- Experience managing a departmental budget.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented individual required.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience and education. MNA is an EEO/AA employer.
CONTACT: Send your resume and cover letter to Wesley DeBerry, MNA Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com.