DATE: May 10, 2019
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Director of Governmental and Community Relations
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION: Provide designated staff with administrative support services.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Maintains Working knowledge of Association issues in order to handle inquiries and referrals to the appropriate staff.
- Keeps designated staff and/or others informed of important maters which require immediate action or attention.
- Composes general correspondence and other communications/projects using a variety of computer software programs in accordance with the general style of the individual/group for which the work is being prepared and reviews finished work for neatness, accuracy and completeness.
- Provides support for MNA’s electoral programs.
- Maintains database for and assists in tracking of Governmental Affairs budget expenditures.
- Communicate with MNA vendors at the director of designated MNA staff (i.e. VoterVoice, America Votes, etc.).
- Maintains database for and assists in tracking of local, state and federal legislation and ordinances.
- Assists in the candidate screening and endorsement process and composes correspondence to candidates.
- Assists in scheduling appointments with elected and appointed officials for MNA’s lobbyist and political organizers with emphasis on appointments during the legislative session and MNA Day on the Hill.
- Processes incoming mail for designated staff.
- Receives and screens telephone calls, arranges appointments and meetings.
- Makes travel and/or lodging arrangements for staff and others as directed.
- Prepares and organizes agendas, minutes, correspondence, website and other related materials for and relating to MNA’s Governmental Affairs Commission and other structural units, affiliates or designated individuals/groups as requested and in accordance with MNA policies.
- Organizes and maintains files, projects, contact lists and databases for designated staff.
- Provides designated staff with requested information, files, A/V equipment or other materials required for upcoming meetings, phone calls, correspondence, etc.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education: Associate’s Degree preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
Experience: Knowledge of labor unions. Understanding of political and legislative processes. Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including mastery of Excel, Outlook and Access or similar database. Familiarity with online voter databases. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and to diligently input data into database. Highly organized individual required. Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead and build strong working relationships and succeed in team environments.
Salary: Salary range is $43,098 – $78,374 with initial placement on the wage scale depending on experience and qualifications. Step increases per collective bargaining agreement. MNA is an EEO/AA Employer.
Contact: Send cover letter and resume to Cynthia Campos, Human Resources Manager, at Cynthia.Campos@mnnurses.org.