Position Title: Education Specialist
DATE: May 23, 2019
DEPARTMENT: Field Staff, Unit 2
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Manager of Practice, Education and Special Projects
Works to promote and achieve the goals and priorities of the Minnesota Nurses Association (MNA). Design and conduct education programs on a wide range of union-building topics, nursing, and social justice. Duties may include, but are not limited to, educating members, staff, and the community and other duties as assigned by the Manager of Practice, Education and Special Projects. Travel is required, including overnight stays.
Education: Advanced degree required. Registered Nurse is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and application of teaching and learning techniques, with the ability to enhance these skills in other staff.
- Five years or more of recent teaching experience is required, including adult education.
- Demonstrated involvement in developing curricula and conducting presentations in a variety of settings and the selection or development of appropriate teaching materials.
- Proven familiarity with multi-media and current technologies used in developing educational programs.
- Demonstrated expertise with computer and associated software, including web-based applications in an adult learning environment.
- Development of work plans, working with minimal direction, and executing projects effectively within a prescribed plan of action.
- Ability to meet deadlines, measure progress, and evaluate program effectiveness.
- Knowledge of and experience in the health care industry, political process, and organizing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses the energy and enthusiasm to lead and motivate others in facilitating group dialogue and member engagement.
Salary: Salary range is $74,630 – $137,613 with initial placement on the wage scale depending on experience and qualifications. Step increases per collective bargaining agreement. MNA is an EEO/AA Employer.
Contact: Send your resume and cover letter to Cynthia Campos at Cynthia.Campos@mnnurses.org.